Saturday, January 16, 2010

wow, this poor blog is so neglected. Its a new year and so happy to start over...2009 wasn't exactly the great year but I'm excited and looking forward to a great 2010! Christmas was fun as usual although a little different without Jenny ..first year thats happened for as long as I can remember where all the "kids" weren't around.. We did a white elephant exchange this year which I think we'll do again next year. I contributed a zebra print Snuggie:-) Lets see..work has been alot crazier then I ever expected after the reorg...Its definitely been a challenge and some days I'm not sure if I can do it anymore but I'm learning..or I tell myself :-) anyhow, aside from that nothing much going on...Brians' still in school for another year or 2 or 3..haha...I've also been cooking quite a bit lately...I've found cooking to be such a stress reliever for me... I look forward to getting off the bus everyday, coming home, turning on the music in my kitchen and making dinner ,..best part of my day. Yesterday had some friends over for a potluck...we had lasagna, beef stew, tomato basil soup, followed by apple crisp..all very tasty and fun to share with everyone...today, made some awesome fried chicken...its been over a year since I last attempted this dish and so glad I did.. Brian took a bite and I think he was actually speechless for a min.. just a smile on his face then he said, no need to drive to Popeyes anymore.. I'll take that as a compliment;)

No comments: