Sunday, February 17, 2008

Ahhh, back to the rain:-(.. Brian and I just got back from a quick trip to Port Charlotte Florida to visit Brian's parents and we had a great time. It was so nice to get some sun after all this rain and snow, and cold weather. We really didn't do much...ate lots and lots of food, shopped, went to the beach, and caught up on some reading..very relaxing. I am so looking forward to summer now. While we were there, did a little house hunting with Brian's parents and while doing that, got some ideas for our home too.. 2 things we'll probably try out in the next month - adding subtiles to the kitchen ontop of the granite backsplash. Originally I only wnated to do subtiles if we took the granite backsplash off but we saw some new homes with both and it actually looked real nice so we'll try that.. and also adding beadboard to our bedroom instead of doing a new headboard..this was a great idea especially for our small bedroom. I just hope the ceiling height wont be an issue.. I'm worried it'll make the room look even shorter then what it is but we'll see.. If we hate it, we can always take it down.. I hope:-)
Aside from that, not much else going on...still waiting for the weather to improve so we can finish the siding..and move onto the roof.. then i think we're done..hahaha

View from Brian's parent's condo

Beach! I still have my tan lines..I'm so proud:-)

1 comment:

jwu2 said...

the sun gets old REAL fast. I miss Seattle rain. I miss that it's still 50-60 degrees in April. It's 80 something here for the entire week and I'm sick of it! It doesn't make sense to me; why am I in my shorts in April? Anyways, you need to update your blog more. You haven't blogged since February!