Monday, October 20, 2008

I know I say it every year but man the year is just flying!! The days are now cold, dark, and short but I love it anyhow.. Fall is one of my favorite times of the year.. the leaves are turning and it means that the holidays are here! woohoo.. although this economy is kind of putting a damper on things, I'm staying positive that "all is good"..haha..

Not to mention October usually means CONCORD GRAPE season!! Thanks to a tip from my friend Robert, I hit the Korean grocery store and voila they were still there.. I literally count down the days until these arrive each year then they're gone.. only around for a few weeks..boohoo.. fall also puts me in the baking mood so while Brian was helping Ben on Sunday I baked a loaf of banana bread,..not bad.. next time, more sugar, less baking time..


still hitting the gym when I can. In fact, J&J came over on Sat and we all went to the gym which was great because John showed us how to use some of the weight machines that I was so intimidated to touch before.. now I can go and know if I miss a class I can do the machines instead.. I rode the bike, elliptical(didn't like it but I'll give it another try sometime), then some weight machines.. of course after Mom took us to Bluefin and I ate way too much - so much for the calorie burning we did that morning:-). Oh well.. work was crazy busy so I put in some long days.. had a great dinner on Friday with the "girls" at Elliots.. oysters and more oysters..yum! Oh and J&J brought Joey over to visit Sat before last...3 dogs in the house was pretty crazy. I think Stanley really wants a buddy..k, maybe Amy wants another doggie..

umm..Stanley, thats no way to treat our guests!

No comments: