Wednesday, August 06, 2008

Is it really August already? Geez.. summer is flying by..well we are starting on the siding again.. and once again maybe a tad too late but we're hoping for the best so we can wrap it up and get it painted before fall is here. Markane is in town and we did the usual BBQ at our house . it was great..ate so much food and helped Markane celebrate his Bday..I think we have some blackmail worthy photos:-). And this weekend I decided to do the camping thing while Brian does the Uncle Tom's cabin thing.. Yesterday was my American bday.. not one I celebrate..in fact I dont' really like to celebrate my bday at all but Brian was very nice and got me flowers and dinner at Lolas which was "amazing".. best dish I've had in awhile - off their "meze" menu - red wine braised octopus with peas, caramelized onions and crispy pork belly.. sounds weird but OMG.. it came on this bed of lemony creamy white sauce.. I couldn't stop eating it and probably not something Brian would usually eat but he even called it awesome.. we also had skordalia, some trout and lamb.. all really really good..we will be back.. Oh and to top it off we finally got a firepit!! yay, thanks to Dan and Judy:-). We just got an email that this was coming in the mail.. can't wait to use it this summer..Need to stock up on mashmallows and invite Kelley over..haha.. this one is so much nicer then what we've seen in the stores becuase its nice and deep so less embers and you can burn more wood at once.. Yippee!! Oh and we're going to Maui! yes, finally.. booked the trip last week and I can't wait..we're going back to the Maui Prince for 6 nights.. should be fun..just sit back and relax..

No comments: