Tuesday, November 13, 2007

Wow, has it been almost 2 months? So as expected we didn't finish the siding..the cold, wet season came on us sooner then we thought so its next spring. We are missing just 1 side! so close but it'll be great when its done next year. We need to finish the one side, paint and redo the trim. At least I chose a paint color.. bought the paint too but never got around to it.. oh well. Electrical got done..went the cheaper route. I may regret it again one day but it was too much money to shell out and plus now the back looks good which was my main concern. The other stuff.. well like JOhnny said, nothing a couple of plants wont hide:-). Actually main reason we didn't do it is because we couldn't get the electricians to agree on what was code.. yes we can move the meter by the gas meter or no we can't.. and if we did it and the city says no, we're out of luck..given that, we decided not to. Got some of my uncle's electrician friends to come out and m ove the junction box in the back under the crawl and got rid of a bunch of conduit which helped quite a bit..still an ugly meter and breaker box outside with an elbow sticking up but I'll get over it..think big tall trees..yes, next year. 100 bucks for trees or 2K for electrical work.. I like the trees..hehe..
What else has been going on.. lets see..lots of travel. BC, then went to Vegas, did the regional mtg thing.. so hectic but it was great. I had a suite at the Red Rock.. oh my goodness was it gorgeous. Brian came down and while I was working he got to enjoy the suite and the pool and the gorgeous weather..80s durign the day. Then my folks plus my 2 aunties came down and we moved to the strip. Shopped, ate and did the Mandalay Bay spa.. it was awesome. They've never done the spa and I think they enjoyed it.. we had a great time. Got me a new purse which I have yet to decide if I'll keep.. then came home, 1 day off, then back off to San Diego for 3 days. This time we stayed at the W Hotel.. awesome! most comfortable beds I've ever slept in in a hotel.. so spoiled.. thats 3 awesome hotels in a roll now that I've stayed in and loved.. no more Marriots..haha.. and Thanksgiving is next week. I am making my usual cheesecake and some salad..can't wait. Can't believe the year is flying by. I love the holidays and I'm going to try to slow down and enjoy it:-)

No comments: