Tuesday, July 10, 2007

My little brother is now a married man! Dang that makes me old..hehe.. still seems a little weird to me for some reason to think that my brother is now married:-)... wedding was on Saturday and it was absolutely beautiful..forcast was 74 and sunny... started the day off at 5:30am..thats right, 5:30am! got up, changed, coffee..got to have coffeee...then down to my mom's house in Seattle to meet up with the rest of the entourage.. 15 of us in 5 cars I think.. oh plus the whole pig and 8 red boxes of jewelry, abalone, mushrooms, candles and a bunch of stuff I can't remember.. headed off to Mill Creek..got there, they wouldn't let us in....the "boys" couldn't get the job done so the "adults" decided to just pick up the pig and 8 boxes and look really pathetic.. the parents "HAVE" to let us in now.. they wouldn't want their future family standing outside holding this heavy pig and boxes now would they;-)..haha.. it worked... got in, did the tea ceremony, ate a bunch of food, got in our cars and headed back to my moms in Seattle.. more tea ceremony - yep I got to drink tea.., more food and we were off to the church.. got there, changed again, tons of photos for the bridal party then the family arrives and even more photos..3pm in the church.. no ifs and or buts says the church lady.. 3:30 wedding.. Stitch ran down the aisle, it was great.. then off to the reception at St. Demetrios.. I cannot believe the transformation of that place.. it was a little bare the night before but when we got there it was breathtaking.. white linens, white chair covers with a lavendar sash..lavendar flowers, candles everywhere.. it was amazing.. but no time to admire..must hit the bar now that the hard part was over:-)..the bridal party thought the same thing:-).. did I already say it was beautiful?? it was... and Jessica and John dedicated a song for Brian and I.. "crazy by aaron neville"..yep our wedding song..seemed like so long ago but this night brought back many memories.. that was about the 10th time I cried that day, hehe.. You guys did a great job and thanks so much for allowing us to be a part of it:-)..
Pictures to come.. there are tons and tons.. can't wait to see Art's photos..he took even more tons then we did.. haha

The happy couple..

No comments: